Cinnamon has anti-cancer effect and the use of this spice is the best prevention for certain types of dangerous diseases.
Cinnamon is a great source of vitamins and minerals. It contains calcium, vitamin C, vitamin K, as well as dietary fiber.
Benefits from consuming cinnamon
- Stronger immunity-The combination of honey and cinnamon form many years is used as natural remedy. Teaspoon of honey and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon dissolved in a glass of warm water strengthens immune system and protect the body against viruses and bacteria.
- Control the level of sugar in the blood-Cinnamon has positive effect on blood sugar levels and is used by people who are suffering from diabetes type 2.
- Helps with osteoporosis and arthritis
- Powerful antioxidant
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides
- Relives cold and cough
- It regulates the menstrual cycle
Energy value of 100gr of cinnamon is large and is 261 kcal / 1091 kJ.
It contains 4 % protein, 3.2 % fat and 80% carbohydrate. It Is an excellent source of dietary fiber. 100 gr of cinnamon contains 54g‘s.