Delicious Baked Eggs
This recipe features eggs, which deliver a nice dose of vitamin B12. You must try it!
- • 1 bunch chard washed and well dried
- • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 scallions minced
- • 3/4 teaspoon plus a pinch sea salt
- • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- • Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- • Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- • 1/4 cup crumbled organic feta cheese (optional)
- • 4 organic Eggs
- • 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- • 8 Kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, for garnish
- • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish
0 hrs: 45 min
Makes / Serves
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and chop the ingredients into small pieces
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and add the scallions, chard stems, and salt, and sauté until the scallions are translucent, about four minutes. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and sauté for an additional 30 seconds, then stir in the chard leaves and another pinch of salt; cook until tender, another minute or two. Remove from the heat and stir in the nutmeg.
- 3. Lightly grease four 1-cup ramekins with the remaining olive oil. For each ramekin, spoon in one-fourth of the chard mixture (don’t pack it in too tightly), then sprinkle on one-fourth of the cheese, if using. Gently crack one egg on top of the cheese, then sprinkle with the tomatoes, olives, and a pinch of salt evenly into the four ramekins.
- 4. Put the ramekins on a baking sheet, place in the oven, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the egg whites are set and opaque but the yolk is still runny. Remove from the oven and let cool for three minutes. Sprinkle with the herbs to garnish. Serve in the ramekins or loosen with a knife and transfer to a plate.